The Game Kitchen - PR/FS
About the game
Blasphemous is an action-platformer that combines the fast-paced, skilled combat of a hack-n-slash game with a deep and evocative narrative core, which is delivered through the rewarding exploration of an intricate world comprised of non-linear levels. Submerge yourself in a uniquely awkward dark fantasy, carefully created by our awesome team of pixel artisans.
The core of Blasphemous is the fast, intense and non-stop action combat. You will fight and slay creatures, each one bigger and more fearsome than the last. Chain encounters at the right pace and you will be unlocking the Martyr’s Excommunication mode, during which you will become almost unstoppable. Epic boss battles await you in your journey through the lands of Orthodoxia. If you manage to survive their minions, your skills will be challenged by the enormous and fierce creatures that rule this damned universe.
Set in the decaying land of Orthodoxia, a place where religion is of the utmost importance in the eyes of the populace, superstition runs amok, and churches outnumber people two to one. You will find yourself in this agonizing territory in the wake of the Age of Corruption, during which practically the entire population was transformed into hideous beasts as a punishment for their mutual blasphemy and inadequate worship; creatures that had deepened their profound faith, developing an unstoppable bloodthirst you now have to contend with…
- Awesome pixel art, featuring very large sprites with smooth animations, entirely created using traditional pixel by pixel, frame by frame techniques.
- Explore a huge, doomed land, a universe that feels open, delivered through a non-sequential level design that puts you in control of where to go next.
- An insane focus on pleasant combat, meticulously crafted so every push of a button delivers a rush of dopamine directly to your brain.
- Blasphemous’ levels tell a story that is challenging to decipher, but very rewarding to those who dare to put all its pieces together.
- Deep progression system with equipable and consumable items: Find your personal combat style by equipping rosary beads, crown thorns, or carrying around relicæ that boost your combat abilities.
- An original game soundtrack by award-winning composer Carlos Viola.